Financial Divorce Services
Whether you have a lot of financial knowledge or next to none, you might feel anxious about how separation and divorce will affect your financial well-being, now and in the future. Add to this the other tasks and pressures related to divorce – such as preparing your financial disclosure, dividing up assets and negotiating spousal support – and the process can feel downright overwhelming. Financial Divorce Services is here to help.
Financial Divorce Services provides the unbiased advice you need. All of our services are transparent, as we do not manage assets. We can work with your advisor and your lawyer to find solutions. You’re in control of the process, and we’ll stand beside you to offer guidance and help you make informed decisions at this crucial juncture in your life.
We can assist with:
- Preparation of Legal Financial Disclosure Documents
- Understanding the five different divorce processes and choosing the best one for your family
- Projection of your “half” of the net family property
- Choosing the right investment solutions for your needs
- Selecting a new investment advisor, if necessary, to ensure your privacy is respected
- Exploring will and power of attorney considerations
- Ensuring adequate levels of the right types of insurance, if needed
- Budget preparation
- Education cost planning for you or your children
Why work with a Financial Divorce Specialist?
A Financial Divorce Specialist (or “financial coach”) helps you navigate what can be a stressful and complicated process. Truly understanding how negotiations will affect your life going forward will instill a sense of confidence when signing your separation agreement. Making informed decisions about your financial agreement also brings peace of mind and avoids future stress and disappointment. Also, as a neutral financial advisor, we’re able to work for both parties in the divorce process. This can be a powerful tool during negotiation.
It’s best to involve your Financial Divorce Specialist from the start. As you negotiate your divorce settlement with your legal team or mediator, we can work through the scenarios under discussion to determine your best options.
How much does it cost?
It’s often thought that involving another professional makes the process more costly, but that isn’t always the case. In fact, we provide some services (such as preparing your financial disclosure) at a lower cost than lawyers typically do, and our fee-based approach means that you pay for only the services you need. In the long run, a Financial Divorce Specialist can save you money by avoiding costly mistakes that affect not only you, but also your ability to support dependents.
What is the process?
- Complimentary initial consultation: Contact us to discuss your unique situation and how we can help resolve the issues that are important to you. (Maximum 30 minutes.)
- Initial meeting: In-depth discussion about your situation and signing of the Engagement Letter describing fees and the services we will provide. We also gather all relevant financial disclosure documents. Click here for a list of important documents.
- Preparation: We work with you and your team of professionals to fully understand how your “half” of the assets affects your negotiation. Taking your finances a step beyond the legal platform, we ensure that your financial goals are attainable by forecasting the rest of your financial life.
- Final Meeting: You have a financial game plan in hand with a new budget and savings strategies, as well as realistic expectations and goals for the future.
- Payment: For your convenience, we accept cheques and electronic payments.
Do you have questions about financial divorce services? Contact us today.